Many camps in northwestern Syria have been experiencing a deterioration in general health and well-being, and the need to address general health has become urgent, so a large project was launched based on increasing the levels of hygiene through which a proposal to implement several initiatives to alleviate the burdens on the beneficiaries and provide a safe and healthy environment in the camps of Quneitrat, Badalha, Noor Halab, Al-Ghufran, Al-Atlal (Termanin), Al-Fadl (Termanin), Al-Salam (Burj Al-Nimra), Karakat, Hass (Kawkab), and Abyad with the following planned services:
-Solar energy system to operate wells, fully equipped.
-Implementation of sewage networks.
-Implementation of water networks.
-Supplying sterilized water through tanks.
-Solid waste removal.
– removal of sewage pits
It is noteworthy that the project was launched at the beginning of this year and is still continuing to provide services. In November the project has:
– Continued to provide the following daily services: water supply, technical sinking, and solid waste removal.
– Continued the network implementation work in the camp Nour Halab with a 90% completion rate.
– continued of the work of the solar energy system and the high reservoir in the Bdelha camp by the completion of 60%
– Started sanitation activity in the camps of Noor Halab, Karakat, Hass, Quneitrat, and Ahl Al-Nakhwa with a completion rate of 60%
– began the distribution of 1022 hygiene baskets in 6 targeted camps during the month of November with the continuation of the planned distribution of 5393 baskets in the targeted camps.
The number of beneficiaries of these services reached 23,193 individuals (4064 families).
The project reached the following goals:
1- Promoting the issue of personal hygiene and eliminating the flow of water outside of domestic use to the streets.
2- Making use of the water coming out of the coagulation pit to irrigate the neighbouring agricultural lands.
It is expected that these services will contribute to:
-Supporting the camps’ infrastructure through the maintenance, restoration and construction of bathroom blocks, the construction of a sewage system, and the improvement of roads by paving; To facilitate the work and movement of mechanisms and beneficiaries without obstacles.
-Establishing a sewage network that can be used in the future; To expand the network and accommodate a larger number of beneficiaries.